CHILD Protection & Child Rights » X. Additional Resources
- Amnesty International is a worldwide movement that campaigns to promote all the human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international standards.
- Action Aid International is a world wide organization that works towards the elimination of poverty.
- BOES.ORG is an independent, non-profit organization that provides information on children's rights (including the Convention on the Rights of the Child) in multiple languages.
- Canadian Coalition for the Rights of the Child is a coalition of over 50 national and provincial NGOs committed to promoting and protecting children's rights in Canada and abroad.
- Children International's mission is to help children living in dire poverty in providing a variety of programs and services to meet their basic needs and rights.
- Children's Rights Alliance for England is an alliance of over 320 voluntary and statutory organizations committed to children's human rights.
- Child Rights Information and Documentation centre (CRIDOC) is a non-profit making research and professional organization based in Malawi, primarily concerned with creating access to information on child rights or related issues through Research, Documentation, ICT models, education, advocacy, networking and any other means as may be deemed appropriate from time to time.
- Child Savings International works for the social and financial education of children.
- Defence for Children International is a non-governmental organization set up to ensure ongoing, practical, systematic and concerted international action, specifically directed towards promoting and protecting the rights of the child.
- ECPAT (acronym:' End Child Prostitution, Child Pornography and Trafficking of Children for Sexual Purposes') is a network of organisations and individuals working together to eliminate the commercial sexual exploitation of children.
- Free the children is an influential international children's movement with young people all over the world speaking out and taking action to improve the lives of children.
- Global Action for children is an independent, collaborative campaign, launched in September 2003, of non-governmental and student organizations dedicated to supporting orphans and other vulnerable children as well as the communities and families that care for them:
- Human Rights Education Programme aims to contribute towards the development of a civil and humane society by providing children and young people with a socially relevant and human rights-sensitive education. http://www.cmphr.org/
- The International Federation of Journalists website give information on children rights and on their Campaign Against Sexual Exploitation of Children in Tourism, in conjunction with the World Tourism Organisation.
- International Save the Children Alliance's 26 member organizations support a wide variety of programme activities in over 100 countries to build a world that respects and values each child. More information possible on Save the Children India: www.savethechildrenindia.org, Save the Children UK: www.savethechildren.org.uk/ or Save the Children Sweden: http://www.rb.se/eng/AboutUs/.
- International Society for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect is a multidisciplinary international organization, founded in 1977, that brings together a cross-section of professionals to work towards the prevention and treatment of child abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- PLAN International is a humanitarian child-centred organisation working in 45 developing countries, with families and their communities to help children realise their full potential in life.
- Butterflies is a registered voluntary organization working with street and working children in Delhi since 1989:
- Concern for working child is an Indian social organization working in partnership with all the major actors to implement sustainable and appropriate solutions, so that children do not have to work:
- Children Rights and You (CRY) is an Indian non-profit organization, created in 1979, leading work for child rights.
- Rescue Foundation is a social organization based Mumbai, which has been working for the Rescue, Rehabilitation, Reintegration and Empowerment of trafficked women and children.
- Safer India is the site of an NGO started by Ms Kiran Bedi. You can go to this site and log your complaint regarding any crime, if the police at your place is not accepting your complaint. Then this NGO will mail your complaint to the DGP of your area. You can also use this mail as the legal document in case of filing a case in the court of law.
- Shakti Vahini is a social organisation active among others in fields of Women and Child issues, trafficking in Human Beings, Bonded labour, Health, Education, Legal Aid and training, Community development, etc.
- South Asian Coalition on Child Servitude (SACCS) is the first civil society initiative to fight against child slavery and child labour since 1980 in India.
- MelJol is an organization that works for financial education and social education of school going children.
- Asha for Education works for education of under-privileged sections of society.