CHILDLINE India Foundation » Careers » Senior Manager, Communications
Position: Senior Manager, Communications, CHILDLINE India Foundation
Reporting to: Head, Communications & Strategic Initiatives, CHILDLINE India Foundation
Location: Worli, Mumbai
The Communication & Strategic Initiatives (CSI) Department at CHILDLINE India Foundation looks at a host of key objectives for the organization. The Communications team at CIF is charged with designing, developing, and implementing communication and media strategies that drive associate behavioral changes to enhance CHILDLINE India’s reach.
This position also includes creating alliances with CHILDLINE partners, stakeholders community, children and other target groups; keeping the strategic focus of CIF; and ensuring that the organization’s experience and expertise are well communicated. This includes content writing, brand building through campaigns etc, creating publications, working with external creative groups, awareness on CHILDLINE through various mediums, social media activities.
As a Senior Manager - Communications of the CHILDLINE Communications team, you will be responsible for leading and driving communications outcomes for a significant part of CHILDLINE by supporting executive communications, contributing to engage stakeholders and to enhance CHILDLINE’s reach to online target groups etc. The Senior Manager will lead and guide the Communication team of 4 members.
No. of Positions: 1
- The Senior Manager shall develop and execute CHILDLINE India Foundation’s communication strategy at the national and local level. Implement and monitor the delivery of the communications and media strategy and plan. In relation to the media plan, this includes developing a plan for each identified advocacy issue of CHILDLINE India and identifying opportunities that provide platforms for media work.
- Effectively delegate work and supervise/guide Communication team members.
- Supervise the planning and executing of CHILDLINE’s web strategy, social media strategy and manage the annual communications calendar
- Responsible for creating and building CIF’s communication campaigns
- Supervise the development and execution of CIF’s internal and external publications
- Supervise written deliverables including newsletters, eNewsletters, Annual Report, blog pieces and reports
- Vendor management which includes getting quotes for communication related work like printing, translations etc.
- Support the Head, CSI in planning, implementation and evaluation of national level advocacy and campaign activities and events, ensuring consistency of media messaging
- Conceptualize and organize the communication component of advocacy and/or campaign activities or events that will serve as platforms for highlighting specific issues of children and generating support
- Support the Head, CSI in building and maintaining alliances with strategic networks
- Support Head, CSI to develop and implement a clear communications and media protocol for the organization ensuring that this is consistent with the guidelines and principles of CHILDLINE India
Post graduate degree/diploma in Communications/ Mass Communication/ Marketing Communication or other related fields.
Extensive (7-8 years) professional experience in advertising, marketing, corporate communications team at a corporate house/ advertising agency or in doing communications and media work, preferably with a development NGO. Experience in offline and online media is a must. Experience of managing a team is a must.
Required skills and competencies:
- Well versed in content writing, power point presentation and social media
- Experience in maintaining relations with the media and other key personnel
- Capable of working with others at all levels of the organization
- Possess the experience and confidence to provide communications guidance that is respected and credible
- Ability to make decisions, exercise sound judgment and take initiative
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused on quality
- Flexible and creative; able to handle changing priorities
- Proactive, service-oriented attitude
- Good written and oral communication skills in addition to the ability to think critically
- Have the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Possess strong communication skills (Oral/written) with a proficiency in English
- Knowledge about Internet, Social media, Online payment gateways, online survey
- Ability to provide guidance and advice about potential communications solutions, strategies and vehicles that effectively address strategic objectives
- Passionate about the cause of children and an open attitude to learning
Interested candidates should mention the position in the subject line (Position of Senior Manager, Communications) and email their detailed resume with names/contact details of two references and expected CTC to email@example.com. Position is based in Mumbai. Outstation candidates will not be called for interviews.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No emails/ phone calls/ faxes please.
CHILDLINE India Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.