CHILDLINE India Foundation » Careers » CHILDLINE Contact Officers (CCOs) (Kolkata)
Position: CHILDLINE Contact Officers (CCOs)
Function/Division: CHILDLINE Contact Centre, CIF
Reporting to: CCC Operation Manager, CHILDLINE Contact Centre
Location: New Town, Rajarhat, Dist: N.24, Parganas, (Kolkata)
The CHILDLINE Contact Centre (CCC) is a 24 hour voice response facility of CHILDLINE run out of a modern Business Processes Outsourcing operating out of Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and Gurgaon catering to cities to support the CHILDLINE network. CCC will immediately have centre in Bengaluru. Telecom & IT technologies are integrated to provide script based voice response to calls on 1098, connect to CHILDLINE Partners to facilitate interventions, record calls, generate database. CCC answers calls 24X7 from children at national level in need assistance and ensures children are provided help through partners at the local level.
No. of Position: Several positions for CCOs in Bengali/Oriya/Hindi/Assamese/ Manipuri/languages of Arunachal Pradesh/ Meghalaya/Tripura/Mizoram/ Nagaland
Candidate must be:
- Graduates/Post Graduates from any stream preferably with Bachelors in Social Work/ Masters in Social Work with professional experience and MA Counselling/Psychology/Sociology with relevant experience.
- For CCOs freshers can also apply.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with a proficiency in English and the local languages and have knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Passionate about the cause of children and an open attitude to learning
- Willing to work in shifts (Day/Night)
Only candidates living or willing to relocate within a 30 km radius from New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata may apply.
- CHILDLINE Contact Officers (CCO) answers calls 24X7 from children at national level in need assistance and ensures children are provided help through partners at the local level. CHILDLINE Contact Officer has an opportunity to grow within the CCC as well as grow in our Services teams depending on qualifications, experience and aptitude. CCOs are trained for voice response management, case documentation and promising candidates would also be given advanced level training on basic tele-counselling.
- CHILDLINE Contact Officer shall attend incoming 1098 calls at CCC and make outgoing calls to CHILDLINE Intervention Units (IUs), whenever intervention is required.
- CHILDLINE Contact Officer shall follow up with IUs for case documentation and for reports on cases received by them during their routine outreach activities.
- CHILDLINE Contact Officer shall perform all assignments as assigned by CCC Operations Manager
- CHILDLINE Contact Officer shall be with a pleasant disposition: a clear and mature voice and a strong desire to be a part of the child protection sector.
- CHILDLINE Contact Officers shall be fluent in Bengali/Oriya/Hindi/Assamese/ Manipuri/languages of Arunachal Pradesh/ Meghalaya/Tripura/Mizoram/ Nagaland.
Good understanding of Child Rights and Child Protection sector and sensitive to Child Rights and related issues. Phone Skills, Listening, Verbal Communication, Data Entry Skills, Multi-tasking. Excellent Computer skills is a pre-requisite. Candidate can be Female/Male and should possess strong verbal and written communication skills with a proficiency in English and the local languages. Candidate should also have knowledge of basic computer applications. Candidate should be passionate about the cause of children, have an open attitude to learning and should be willing to work in shifts (Day/Night).
Only candidates fluent in Bengali/Oriya/Hindi/Assamese/ Manipuri/languages of Arunachal Pradesh/ Meghalaya/Tripura/Mizoram/ Nagaland living or willing to relocate within a 30 km radius from New Town, Rajarhat may apply.
Candidates invited for interviews from outside Rajarhat/Kolkata will be reimbursed 2nd class return train fare. Cost of relocation to Kolkata and accommodation in Kolkata are responsibility of selected candidates.
Interested candidates should mention the position in the subject line (Position of CHILDLINE Contact Officers Code: CCCK CCO 03 and email their detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only candidates shortlisted will be contacted for interviews. Selected candidate needs to join CHILDLINE Contact Centre based in Kolkata. No emails/ phone calls/ faxes please. CHILDLINE India Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.