CHILDLINE India Foundation » Careers » CHILDLINE Contact Officers (CCOs) & CHILDLINE Contact Supervisors (CCSs), (Gurgaon)
Position: CHILDLINE Contact Officers (CCOs) and CHILDLINE Contact Supervisors (CCSs)
Function /Division: CHILDLINE Contact Centre, CHILDLINE India Foundation
Reporting to : CCC Operations Manager, CHILDLINE Contact Centre
Location: Gurgaon (Haryana)
The CHILDLINE Contact Centre (CCC) is a 24 hour voice response facility of CHILDLINE run out of a modern Business Processes Outsourcing operating out of Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata catering to cities to support the CHILDLINE network. CCC will immediately have centre in Delhi. Telecom & IT technologies are integrated to provide script based voice response to calls on 1098, connect to CHILDLINE Partners to facilitate interventions, record calls, generate database. CCC answers calls 24X7 from children at national level in need assistance and ensures children are provided help through partners at the local level.
No. of Position: Several positions
Candidate must be:
- Graduates/Post Graduates from any stream preferably with Bachelors in Social Work/ Masters in Social Work with professional experience and MA Counselling/Psychology/Sociology with relevant experience.
- For CCOs freshers can also apply.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with a proficiency in English and the local languages and have knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Passionate about the cause of children and an open attitude to learning
- Willing to work in shifts (Day/Night).
CHILDLINE Contact Supervisor:
The CHILDLINE Contact Supervisor shall be responsible for the daily running and supervision of the assigned team at CHILDLINE Contact Centre, located at Gurgaon, through the effective use of resources and will report to the Operations Manager. The CHILDLINE Contact Supervisor shall possess skills to effectively lead by example. The CHILDLINE Contact Supervisor shall lead and motivate the team.
- Monitor queue and track inbound calls. Keep agents aware of inbound calls, call waiting, abandonment rate, etc.
- Manage a team of 15-20 CHILDLINE Contact Officers (CCOs).
- Responsible for the team overall performance; motivate and encourage agents through positive communication and feedback.
- Take calls that agents can't handle (call escalation) and be available when an agent appears to need assistance.
- Conduct weekly meetings with team and report to management, Collect, Compile and present the data to the Operation Manager at the conclusion of each week, events of past week, monitoring checklists and a written performance summary of the team.
He/she should be 35 years or younger and a Post Graduate, any stream (MSW preferred) with minimum experience of 3+ years in team or project management. He/she should be fluent in any of these languages: Punjabi, Haryanvi, Urdu , Himachali, Marwari and Hindi.
Good understanding of Child Rights and Child Protection sector and sensitive to Child Rights and related issues. Phone Skills, Listening, Verbal Communication, Data Entry Skills, Multi-tasking. Excellent Computer skills is a pre-requisite.
CHILDLINE Contact Officers (CCO)
CHILDLINE Contact Officers (CCO) answers calls 24X7 from children at national level in need assistance and ensures children are provided help through partners at the local level. CHILDLINE Contact Officer have the opportunity to grow within the CCC as well as grow in our Services teams depending on qualifications, experience and aptitude. CCOs are trained for voice response management, case documentation and promising candidates would also be given advanced level training on basic tele-counselling.
- Attend incoming 1098 calls at CCC and make outgoing calls to CHILDLINE Intervention Units (IUs), whenever intervention is required.
- Follow up with IUs for case documentation and for reports on cases received by them during their routine outreach activities.
- Perform all assignments as assigned by CCC Operations Manager.
- Shall be with a pleasant disposition: a clear and mature voice and a strong desire to be a part of the child protection sector.
- Shall be fluent in any of these languages: Punjabi, Haryanvi, Urdu , Himachali, Marwari and Hindi are necessary.
Good understanding of Child Rights and Child Protection sector and sensitive to Child Rights and related issues. Phone Skills, Listening, Verbal Communication, Data Entry Skills, Multi-tasking.
Only candidates fluent in Hindi/ Punjabi/Haryanvi/ Urdu /Himachali/ Marwari / Hindi and living or willing to relocate within a 30 km radius from Badshapur, Gurgaon may apply.
Candidates invited for interviews from outside Delhi/Gurgaon will be reimbursed 2nd class return train fare. Cost of relocation to Gurgaon and accommodation in Gurgaon are responsibility of selected candidates.
Interested candidates should mention the position in the subject line (Position of CHILDLINE Contact Supervisors (CCS)/ CHILDLINE Contact Officers (CCO), CCC) and email their detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Selected candidate needs to join CHILDLINE Contact Centre based in Gurgaon, Haryana. No emails/ phone calls/ faxes please.
CHILDLINE India Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.