CHILDLINE India Foundation » Careers » CHILDLINE Contact Officers (CCOs) and CHILDLINE Contact Supervisors (CCSs)
Position: CHILDLINE Contact Officers (CCOs) and CHILDLINE Contact Supervisors (CCSs)
Function / Division:CHILDLINE Contact Centre, CHILDLINE India Foundation
Reporting to:CCC Operations Manager, CHILDLINE Contact Centre
Location: Vikhroli/Goregaon (Mumbai)
The CHILDLINE Contact Centre (CCC) is a 24 hour voice response facility of CHILDLINE run out of a modern Business Processes Outsourcing operating out of Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru and Kolkata catering to cities to support the CHILDLINE network. Telecom & IT technologies are integrated to provide script based voice response to calls on 1098, connect to CHILDLINE Partners to facilitate interventions, record calls, generate database. CCC answers calls 24X7 from children at national level in need assistance and ensures children are provided help through partners at the local level.
No. of Position: Several positions
Candidate must be:
- Graduates/Post Graduates from any stream preferably with Bachelors in Social Work/ Masters in Social Work with professional experience and MA Counselling/Psychology/Sociology with relevant experience.
- For CCOs freshers can also apply.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with a proficiency in English and the local languages and have knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Passionate about the cause of children and an open attitude to learning.
- Willing to work in shifts (Day/Night).
CHILDLINE Contact Supervisor (CCS):
The CHILDLINE Contact Supervisor shall be responsible for the daily running and supervision of the assigned team at CHILDLINE Contact Centre, located at Goregaon/Vikhroli, Mumbai through the effective use of resources and will report to the Operations Manager. The CHILDLINE Contact Supervisor shall possess skills to effectively lead by example. The CHILDLINE Contact Supervisor shall lead and motivate the team.
- Monitor queue and track inbound calls. Keep agents aware of inbound calls, call waiting, abandonment rate, etc.
- Manage a team of 15-20 CHILDLINE Contact Officers (CCOs).
- Responsible for the team overall performance; motivate and encourage agents through positive communication and feedback.
- Take calls that agents can't handle (call escalation) and be available when an agent appears to need assistance.
- Conduct weekly meetings with team and report to management, Collect, Compile and present the data to the Operation Manager at the conclusion of each week, events of past week, monitoring checklists and a written performance summary of the team
He/she should be 35 years or younger and a Post Graduate, any stream (MSW preferred) with minimum experience of 3+ years in team or project management. He/she should be fluent in any of these languages: Gujarati, Marathi, Hindi and English.
Good understanding of Child Rights and Child Protection sector and sensitive to Child Rights and related issues. Phone Skills, Listening, Verbal Communication, Data Entry Skills, Multi-tasking. Excellent Computer skills is a pre-requisite.
CHILDLINE Contact Officers (CCO)
CHILDLINE Contact Officers (CCO) answers calls 24X7 from children at national level in need assistance and ensures children are provided help through partners at the local level. CHILDLINE Contact Officer have the opportunity to grow within the CCC as well as grow in our Services teams depending on qualifications, experience and aptitude. CCOs are trained for voice response management, case documentation and promising candidates would also be given advanced level training on basic tele-counselling.
- Attend incoming 1098 calls at CCC and make outgoing calls to CHILDLINE Intervention Units (IUs), whenever intervention is required.
- Follow up with IUs for case documentation and for reports on cases received by them during their routine outreach activities.
- Perform all assignments as assigned by CCC Operations Manager
- Shall be with a pleasant disposition: a clear and mature voice and a strong desire to be a part of the child protection sector.
- Shall be fluent in any of these languages: Marathi, Hindi, Konkani or Gujarati.
Good understanding of Child Rights and Child Protection sector and sensitive to Child Rights and related issues. Phone Skills, Listening, Verbal Communication, Data Entry Skills, Multi-tasking.
Interested candidates should email their detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those applying for the role of CCS must mention the job code in the subject line CCCMGCCS02 for Goregaon and CCCMVCCS02 for Vikhroli. Those applying for the role of CCO must mention the job code in the subject line CCMGCCO02 for Goregaon and CCMVCCO02 for Vikhroli.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Selected candidate needs to join CHILDLINE Contact Centre based in Goregoan or Vikhroli, Mumbai. No emails / phone calls / faxes please.
CHILDLINE India Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates applied earlier/called for interview but was not selected /candidates got selected couldn’t join should not apply.